Thursday 28 March 2013

Because sometimes only a Cappuccino & Chocolate Croissant will do...

For the sake of those around me I have indulged in my ultimate treats - a decaf frothy delicious cappuccino paired with a flaky, soft, thick and indulgent chocolate croissant.

You know I am under the weather when you see these two items on my desk. Usually just the cappuccino will do the trick but today I needed a double dose of decadence to entice a smile onto my face.





The desire to be at home nesting is growing stronger everyday. It is making the world outside that bubble seem hectic, overwhelming and unnecessary.  It seems this little baby is changing me already, definitely making me softer and more sensitive. I used to be a ball-breaker at work and now a few harsh and bitchy words reduce me to tears. When I told the hubby about the incident he said, "A year ago you would have torn that bitch to pieces." And it is true but now I just want to play nice, get through my day without any drama - WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME BABA?!

But I like it :) I like being softer, gentler, nicer. All those walls I built up around me, projecting nothing but hard-ass is tough work! Its easier being less aggressive but when someone is aggressive with me I am caught unawares and those words cut straight through the now non-existent walls hence the chocolate croissant & cappuccino this morning.

All I know is that it is a long weekend - thank goodness. I can finish up the nursery, spend some time with my bestie, have long baths, read a book and go to yoga and leave the chaotic world behind for just a few days.

3 more weeks of working life - counting the days...



No comments:

Post a Comment