Thursday 28 February 2013

Rock Star Pregnant Lady

This is how I felt yesterday.

A little summary of how the day went: I got up nice and early and put on a slinky black skirt and top with a pair high heels. Yes, I am one of those lucky pregnant women that is carrying tightly in the front and nowhere else so all my usual clothes still fit - hooray! My feet have also not swollen at all so my heels still fit and I have my balance so I can actually walk in them too - bonus!

I headed off to meet the CEO, MD and CD of my company where we would present a 2 hour presentation to a board of investment gurus. The outcome of the meeting will determine whether my agency will be awarded R15 million. Its been a while since I was in a boardroom like that. I have gotten used to my chilled corner of the office, coming to work in dresses and sandals and generally not doing anything of high stress or of too much consequence. So it was nice to know I still have it, I can still par with investment geeks and people with over 30 years in advertising experience.

After I was done presenting, I sat in a glow with my hand on my belly and chatted silently to the baby. Thanking him/ her for helping mommy kick some butt and congratulating him/her on their first successful boardroom meeting.

After a successful presentation (the outcome of whether we will win the account is still to be decided but we were happy with our performance) I met my sexy-as-hell husband at our appointment with the midwife. We got to hold hands and listen to the very happy and healthy heartbeat of our little 31 week old baba. We also got the good news that our little one had turned head down so was definitely getting ready to launch - I just knew our little angle would get full marks!

We chatted about our home birth and made all of our last appointments. The time is nearing. I am getting so excited I could pee in my pants (although that could be the baby pressing on my bladder!)

I got to kiss my husband in the middle of the day, on a week day, what a treat :) We really are disgustingly in love. We wouldnt have it any other way! He is off on a working weekend until Sunday so I am on my own for 5 days - been a very long time since I did not have him by my side, showering me in kisses and cuddles.

A quick trip back to the office, only to be complimented on my sexy number and how could I am looking - all at 31 weeks pregnant too. Why thank you :). I managed to finish up my excel spreadsheet and find time to walk barefoot down to the beach. Our office is located right by Muizenberg beach front and we often don't take the time to properly enjoy it. But yesterday was a stunner. The sea was crystal blue, with very little wave action going on, making for a surreal Thailand-like day that brought such a sense of peace to me. Although I couldn't go full rock star and have a swim I did hike the skirt up as far as it would go and spend time languishing in the thigh-high crystal blue water.

Then it was off to a client meeting with my sandy feet back in high heels. Meeting went smoothly and finished up quickly allowing me to skip traffic and be home by 5pm.

Instead of going to gym I decided to indulge. I lay on my bed with my belly exposed relishing in the cool breeze that was blowing through our bedroom door. I watched girly series and ate chocolate. Followed by an indulgent bath with oils and bubbles. I even managed to fit in some meditation with a focus on connecting with baba. It is incredible, astounding and awe-inspiring how much the baby responds to these exercises. Its like she is dancing around in there having the time of her life. Such a surge of happiness to know that we are so closely connected.

I had a solid 9 hours of sleep. People are surprised that I am still sleeping so well. I am just grateful!

So all in all I felt like a rock star pregnant lady yesterday.

As for today? Well I wish I could have just stayed in bed...I should get the rest of the week off just for yesterday...


No comments:

Post a Comment